PLEASE NOTE: due to the NSW Government Fee Free Preschool Initiative in 2021, the daily attendance fee is currently free at QDPA Preschools. Further information regarding the charging of levies will be provided at a later date.
Fees are set by the Queanbeyan & District Preschool Association Management Committee at the end of each school year and are payable for all times your child is booked in a preschool program. Preschool fees are not charged for Public Holidays. Preschools are closed for two weeks over each NSW School Holiday period and for five weeks over the Christmas – New Year period (fees are not applicable for this period). At all other times fees are payable – including any holidays or periods of absence you choose to take during school term dates.
Prior to the announcement of Fee Free Preschool, the Queanbeyan & District Preschool Association daily fee rates for the 2021 school year were set as follows:
- Standard rate = $35.00 per day
- Equity rate = $11.00 per day (this is a discounted rate for Health Care Card holders, Indigenous Families or families with a child who has a diagnosed disability)
A one off levy is charged each term for the following:
- Excursion levy = $30.00 per term (this covers all costs associated with children’s Excursions out into the community and Incursions across the term).
- Maintenance Levy = $12.00 per term (this covers all costs associated with maintaining preschool playgrounds, laundry and building repairs at preschools)
Our fees and Levies include:
- Provision of Indoors/outdoors Educational Programs
- Transition to School Programs
- Out & About in our Community
- Additional educators in each classroom – operating with additional teaching staff in each classroom strongly supports inclusion within classrooms, particularly for children with special needs and ensures our preschools operate well above recognised National Standard ratio requirements
- Yoga Classes
- Art Programs
- PALs Program (as required)
- Sustainability & Small GREEN Steps program
- Kids Matter Program – Growing Healthy Minds
- Wipes and sun cream
- Ongoing maintenance of preschools
QDPA KidsXap Program
Queanbeyan & District Preschool Association use a Management System called KidsXap from Xap Technologies.
All Queanbeyan & District Preschool Association Preschool fees are invoiced through our QDPA KidsXap Program and are payable fortnightly by Direct Debit from your designated bank account. Fees are however accepted in advance if you wish to pay a full term up front in the first two weeks of each term or over the phone before your account falls due.
Our QDPA Fees Policy stipulates that any family account that falls into arrears by more than four (4) weeks (or two pay cycles) will automatically become at risk of losing their preschool placement – the placement will then be offered to another family on the QDPA waiting list.
Should you experience any financial difficulties while at one of our Queanbeyan & District Preschool Association Preschools – please contact the Managing Director of QDPA or our Finance Manager on (02) 6297 1640 as soon as possible so that we can work with you to help by offering you and your family support through this difficult period.