As our newest service QDPA this philosophy will be evolving with feedback and input from our 2022 families, Educators, community and the children.
- We understand children are capable of constructing their own learning.
- We recognise the importance of community and that children learn by collaborating with their communities.
- We recognise the environment as the third teacher, and it must be enriching and supportive.
- We value each child’s uniqueness, ideas and interests, so to support their individual learning and development.
- We will strive to develop and maintain positive and respectful relationships with families, acknowledging that families are the foremost influence on their children’s lives.
- We will provide play-based, inquiry-based and strengths-based learning pedagogies and practices.
- We will provide physical and social learning environments that are flexible, responsive and accessible.
- We will guide and support children to explore their interests through projects as partners and nurturers.
- We will respect children’s decision over what they learn and how they learn.
- We will support the children to engage with their senses to help them learn and fully process.
- We will encourage children to interact with their peers and explore the world through uninterrupted play.
- We will encourage children to always express themselves and be given infinite means and opportunities to do so.
- We will foster school readiness by creating a safe, welcoming and stimulating environment that will facilitate children’s learning and development in a broad range of areas.
- We will encourage and promote resilience and a sense of belonging through positive, respectful and reciprocal relationships.
- We will Provide inclusive practices by recognising each child as a valuable member of our classroom.